DCS provides server management services for approximately 900 servers across 100 departmental and institutional projects. These servers are managed by a team of systems engineers and systems administrators responsible for ensuring maximum availability and security of these information assets.
DCS utilizes advanced server virtualization and systems management technologies to provide economical and reliable server management services for the Johns Hopkins community. These services are provided as part of institutional project management, or by contract with specific departments.
- Assigned systems administrator for each project
- Configuration and management of virtual and physical servers
- Backup and restoration of data
- Monitoring of key functions for availability and application integrity
- Ongoing security and application updates
- Security & Access Management
- Liaison with vendors, disaster recovery planners, internal auditors, network and information security personnel
- 24x7x365 on-call support for problems and outages
For more information on server management services, contact:
Desktop Computing Services
2024 East Monument Street, Suite 1-200
Baltimore, MD 21205
Shanta Hayes, Manager, Johns Hopkins Medicine East Baltimore campus
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (410) 614-6971