Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging (JHIM) supports the Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone and iPad. Below are instructions for installing, configuring and removing the mobile client. Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone and iPad requires a Lync Server 2010 account and will not work without it. If you are currently a JHIM OCS user with an OCS account, you will need to have your account migrated to Lync 2010. If you are unsure about your account status, please contact email@example.com. You may install the app on your device before your account is activated.
Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone and iPad are user-installable applications are available in the Apple App Store.
Installing Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone and iPad
1. Download the app for your device from the Apple App Store:
Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone is available here.
Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad is available here.
2. To install the Lync 2010 App for iPad/iPhone tap the Install button.
3. Next, you'll need to configure the app. To do so, follow these steps:
a. When launching the Microsoft Lync 2010 app for the first time, you will be presented with a login screen.
1. Tap More Details
2. Enter your Lync sign-in address in the name field (typically JHEDID@jhu.edu or JHEDID@jhmi.edu)
3. Enter your JHED password in the password field
4. Enter "win\JHEDID" in the username field.
b. Leave all other settings default and tap sign-in to connect to Lync.
4. Then you'll want to verify that you've successfully installed the app. After you configure the client and sign in successfully, use the following tests to verify that your installation is working correctly on your device.
Search for a contact in the enterprise directory
a. In the Contacts list, tap inside the search bar at the top and begin typing the name of a contact.
b. Verify that the contact name appears in the search results.
Test IM and presence
a. In the Contacts list, tap a contact.
b. In the contact card, tap the IM icon.
c. Verify that an IM window appears and you can type and send an IM.
Test dial-out conferencing
a. In Outlook, schedule a Lync meeting.
b. On the mobile device, open the meeting invitation.
c. Click the link in the meeting to join.
d. Answer the call from the conference service and verify that you are connected to the meeting audio.
Test push notifications
a. On user A's mobile device, sign into Lync with user A's account.
b. Open another application on the mobile device.
c. On a different device, sign into Lync with user B's account.
d. Send an IM from user B to user A.
e. Verify that the IM notification appears on user A's mobile device.
Removing Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone and iPad
To remove Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone or iPad, perform the following steps:
1. On the mobile device home screen, tap and hold the Lync icon.
2. When the tiles begin to shake and the X appears, tap the X to delete the application.