Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging (JHIM)
How do I use JHIM from outside of the Hopkins network?
JHIM uses the same settings from outside of the Hopkins network as are used internally.
If you have trouble connecting, verify that your Lync client is set to Automatic Configuration by following these steps:
- Identify the gear icon, located near the the upper right of the application screen.
- Click the down arrow that appears to the right of the gear icon.
- On the menu that appears, select “File.”
- On the subsequent menu, select “Change Sign-In Address.”
- In the window that appears, select "Personal" if necessary.
- Within the "Personal" screen, click the "Advanced" button.
- Verify the connection method is set to "Automatic Configuration."