Microsoft Office 365
Johns Hopkins University now has a set of powerful email, web, and collaboration tools that can help you work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
What does this mean to you?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
- Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Johns Hopkins administers this account.
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. To log into this account after the upgrade go to skydrive.live.com. Note that Johns Hopkins no longer administers this account. As a result, we can’t reset the password for you.
What should you expect?
- Email. We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at a different website.
- File sharing. We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
- Access your email and calendar – Johns Hopkins is developing the Single Sign On Page, the login instruction will be available before upgrade.
- Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com.
If you have an Alumni account:
- Please go to http://alumni.jhu.edu/alumniemailmigration/injhed and follow the instructions there to complete your migration by June 17th
Information and Support
For more information about the upgrade, see our Frequently Asked Questions