LoginID@live.johnshopkins.edu provides new students with a free 10GB lifetime email account, 7GB online storage solution, collaboration, blogging, photo sharing, event planning, instant messaging tools and much more!
• Built-In Protection and Anytime / Anywhere Access
• Each student gets a 10GB email account built on Outlook Live, up to 20 MB attachments
• Students can easily access their email from a variety of browsers on both the PC and MAC which includes full support for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari
• Connect to mailbox using with POP3, IMAP4 with preferred e-mail program or mobile phones
• Get many capabilities such as address book, calendaring, mobile push e-mail, instant messaging and more
• Improve collaboration and productivity by making it easier to find and share data, and schedules from anywhere
• Students can look up other users in the address book
• Offers end-users a single inbox to access all of their important communications
Collaboration and Virtual File Storage Capabilities for your users:
• Outlook Live offers 10GB email account.
• Office Live Workspace (OLW) provides each user with a 5GB collaborative workspace, to work with others on team projects, share content and information easily with others both inside and outside of Johns Hopkins (it’s a great tool to use when working with other universities for research purposes!).
• Skydrive provides each student with a 7GB virtual file storage location in the cloud. No longer will students have to worry about working on content at the University or saving content on a USB stick in order to have it anywhere. Skydrive is like a USB stick in the cloud, but with added benefits. It allows students to upload their files to the cloud, and then access them from a web browser. Students can create private, shared, and public folders that can be accessed from any Internet-connected computer.