Courtesy Instructions for Dreamweaver 8
Enterprise Web Services does not officially support end-user software such as Dreamweaver. These instructions are provided as a courtesy only. For supported methods, please return to http://www.it.jhu.edu/services/webservices/webdav and select the operating-system instructions specific to your computer. Different versions of Dreamweaver behave differently. Please read these instructions carefully.
Note: If you connect from the Internet (i.e. from Comcast or other ISP), you must first connect to the JH VPN (JHConnect). You can get info about the VPN at https://portalcontent.johnshopkins.edu/sslvpn/jhconnect-faq.html
In the instructions below, don't forget to substitute your actual JHED ID with "JHEDID."
- Open DreamWeaver (be sure the version of DreamWeaver being used supports secure WebDav - not all versions do).
- Go to “Site”
- Either Select “New Site” or Manage Site
- Go to the “Advanced” Tab
- Enter your Local Information first.
- Select the Remote Access on the left hand side
- Use the following Remote Settings
- Access: WebDav
- URL: https://webdav.johnshopkins.edu/JHEDID <-- substitute your actual JHED ID for "JHEDID" Other versions of Dreamweaver may behave different. For example, Dreamweaver CS3 requires the full path the the individual site (https://webdav.johnshopkins.edu/JHEDID/hosting-server-name/site-directory-name/public_html) - this is just an example - actual server path will be dependent on what hosting server hosts your site:
- Username: JHEDID <-- again, use your actual JHED ID, not "JHEDID"
- Password: your JHED Password
- Test your connection settings
- If successful, select Finish
- If not, make sure that you are using your current JHED password. If you have not updated you JHED password in the last 6 months, please go to http://my.jh.edu and change/update your password.